The opportunity: Are you a results-oriented individual with an ability and desire to effect community involvement and engagement for positive change? Are you a leader who is collaborative and engaging that can build a strong team? Do you pride yourself on your ability to build, develop and sustain strong community relationships with a wide range of diverse stakeholder groups? Have you had success leading in a non-profit environment?
Biosphere Institute of the Bow Valley is looking for an Executive Director. The Biosphere Institute of the Bow Valley in Canmore, Alberta is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to ensuring the ecological integrity of the Bow Valley for the well-being of the ecosystem and those who live here through education, research and outreach.
The role involves reporting to, and working with, the Institute’s Board of Directors, and leading the Institute in the areas of fund development, financial management, program offerings, operations, community and stakeholder relations, human resources, administration and communications.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum of a post-secondary degree in a related field.
- A background in ecology or other science-based discipline.
- Minimum of five years senior non-profit management experience.
- Solid project and financial management skills that include budget preparation, analysis and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising strategies, fundraising applications and donor relations unique to the non-profit sector.
- Experience developing and delivering education and outreach programs to diverse audiences.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through collaboration and trust.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking and research skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- The ability to develop forward-thinking strategies and balance competing priorities to ensure the Institute’s objectives are met.
This is an exciting and challenging full-time position, working with a great team in an active, forward-thinking organization that prides itself on being a strong community partner and providing the highest levels of programming and education. Some weekend and evening activities are required.
Biosphere Institute of the Bow Valley offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position has an anticipated start date of October 1st 2018.
If your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, please apply through https://www.indeedjobs.com/biosphere-institute-of-the-bow-valley with your resume and cover letter no later than 29th August 2018. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter.
Please note that preference will be given to applicants that reside in the operating area of Canmore, Banff, or neighbouring M.D. of Bighorn communities, or those who are willing to relocate to the area.
We thank everyone for submitting their resumes, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.